Monday, December 11, 2006

How Yo Learn Any Song In Under 30 Minutes With Your Guitar

I remember when I got my first guitar. My mother came strolling in to the house with a guitar case, smiled, and sat it down about 15 feet away from me. I instantly ran over to find my very first Washburn guitar. I quickly began to "play" my new baby...

Just for reference, my version of playing the guitar was laying the body flat on it's back like a slide guitar so I could see what I was doing... Oh man those were the days!

My first adventure in to a song was Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here. I went to the search engine and had no idea what a tab was or even how to begin searching for one.

Finally I began to put two and two together and found a version of Pink Floyd's Wish You Were here from MXTabs.net way back before they got shut down =(

To make a long story short, I broke a sweat out of frustration in less than 5 minutes, put my guitar back in it's case and went back to playing my video games. That was back then...

This is now...

Guitar tabs look like perfect english to me now, but at the time when I was starting out I couldn't make sense of anything. It looked like another foreign language to me! My friends laughed when they watched my fingers try to play a song in the most ridiculous way imaginable. I was just trying to do what the tab told me to do, but the tab didn't tell me what finger position to play in, or if there were any helpful tricks to make it easier on my hands! I was getting tired of this dead end approach to improve my skills.

Here is my point: Guitar tab sucked then and it sucks now. I'm still waiting for the pioneer that fixes this problem for the masses...

Dane Maxwell & Paul Johnson produce guitar video tabs for popular songs and artists.

Developed out of a need to help their students, the idea is still in its infancy and has yet to prove itself as a viable solution to guitar players around the world.

Tabs Cause Confusion.

Eliminate the guess work, welcome to the revolution of guitar lessons on your time
Visit guitargrind.com for a free sample

No comments: